On Thursday, the long-awaiting Mod dropped on Epic Games Store, showing an ‘early version of achievements.’ Looking at the Trello roadmap created for the Epic Games Store, you’ll see the achievements listed with other vital features located under the “Up Next” dropdown. This made many speculate if some more updates were impending for the store.
Well, it turns out that those who speculated were right, especially when the official mod support recently got added to the Epic Game Store!
However, Epic’s new update wasn’t confirmed by Piranha Games, the creators of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, which coincidentally will be the first game to support mods via the Epic Games Store.
While the mods are still in the beta phase, players can still filter mods by tags and give them likes. In due time, they’d probably be more games joining the beta phase.
On that note, explained below is the complete detail about the mods coming to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries:
We are incredibly excited to announce that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is the first to participate in the Beta launch of Epic Games Store Mods! With this release, discovering and installing MW5 Mods made by the fantastic modding community will be easier than ever, integrated directly into the existing Epic Games Launcher.
• MechCommander Mercenaries by the MCM Team is a recently-announced and highly ambitious real-time strategy conversion of MW5. A complete genre change like this speaks to the capabilities and flexibility of making mods for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in the Unreal Engine!
• MW5 Mercs Reloaded by NavidA1, the most prolific creator in the MW5 Modding community, is not just a near ground-up expansion of ‘Mechs and the MechLab, but an ongoing rework of many-core systems and a collection of significant quality-of-life improvements.
• MercTech by MagnumForceGB is a comprehensive overhaul of many-core mechanics related to ‘Mechs and the MechLab, introducing an array of new weapons, equipment, and features inspired by traditional BattleTech systems and rules.
• The TableTopRulez Lancemate and Enemy AI Mods by Oraeon1224 are two significant expansions on the AI systems in MW5, bringing greater complexity and visible levels of intelligence to the in-mission AI.
• The MW5 Mod Compatibility Pack by Sketch is an amazing effort to increase compatibility between different Mods, enabling creators to focus their work and coordinate with other creators to unlock even greater potential in their Mods.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is now available on PC via Epic Games Store. Until then, Happy Gaming.